The goal of the LMSSL is to administer a snooker league to consist of no less than six teams in each of two divisions, identified as "A" and "B" league, whereby seniors can participate in friendly competition in a relaxed social environment.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
Generally speaking, snooker is most often played without a referee or umpire. Therefore the welfare of our seniors' snooker league relies on the personal integrity and decorum of all of its members, irrespective of how competitive they may be. Players should conduct themselves in a disciplined manner, demonstrating courtesy at all times and thereby promoting the etiquette and traditions of snooker.
TEAM MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS: Except for the following conditions the autonomy of the team is recognized by the league.
- To abide by this constitution, its amendments and its Code of Conduct.
- To register as a team and to field a team of eight players aged fifty-five or older who are active, paid up members of the Seniors' centre they represent.
- To pay, prior to the first league match, the annual team membership fee, which will be determined at the AGM for the following year.
- To accommodate the schedule and to provide a room where smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- To provide a place of play to be no farther away than one hour traveling time from any other team and which has a minimum of three 5' x 10' snooker tables.
- To accept rulings made by the LMSSL Executive Committee re: either routine operation of league competition and/or disciplinary actions taken due to breaches of our Code of Conduct.
- To agree that acceptance to register a team in the league will be decided by the EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.
- To provide volunteers to perform the following functions and duties as described further on in this document : 1st a Captain and a Co-Captain and 2nd a team "referee/observer/volunteer" who will be the team liaison to the league's Referee-in-Chief to assist him with assigning referees and observers as required by the league.
- To agree that a boycott is an unacceptable form of protest, be it not fielding a team or not attending meetings.
- To agree that failure to abide by any of these conditions may be sufficient grounds for expulsion or other less drastic form of sanction/discipline decided upon by the league or the Executive Committee.
- To agree that expulsion from the league will be decided by a closed ballot vote of the board of delegates. A vote of simple majority is required.
LMSSL GENERAL INFORMATION
2017 PLAY-OFF Guide Lines
For league regulations in full see our Constitution Document.
TEAM CONTACT INFORMATON
2016-2017 Teams "A" and "B" Contact Information (PDF two pages) click here.
LEAGUE EXECUTIVE - Contact Information
President - Gary Spence
604-460-9396 or cell 778-235-1873.
Senior Vice-President, Operations Manager
Gary Wallace - 604-220-5322
Secretary, Treasurer - Frank Bourassa
604-598-5564 cell 604-868-8031
fax 604-598-5563 email: email@example.com
Tournament Director - Steve Surinak - 604-584-7234
cell 778-229-3254 email firstname.lastname@example.org
"A" League - Ed Smith - 604-372-1218
"B" League - Clive Burgess - 604 942 6936
League Chief Referee - (snooker rules and disputes)
Anthony Braganza - 604-762-7872
League Score Keeper - (scoring errors contact)
Marke Sedawie - 604 591-3494
Don Hermansen - 604-469-3694
League Sanctioned Referees:
PARTICIPATING SENIORS CENTRES AND TEAMS
Bonsor Recreation Complex Seniors Centre
One Team - Bonsor "B"
6533 Nelson Avenue, Burnaby, V5H 0C2
ph: 604-297-4580 fx: 604-297-4583
Century House Seniors Centre
One Team - Century House "B"
620 Eighth Street, New Westminster, V3M 3S2
ph: 604-519-1066 fx: 604-526-6358
Confederation Seniors Centre
Two Teams - Confederation "A" and "B"
4595 Albert St. Burnaby, V5C 2G6
ph: 604-294-1936 fx: 604-299-3161
Dogwood Pavilion Seniors Centre
Two Teams - Dogwood "B" Red and Blue
624 Poirier St. Coquitlam, V3J 6B1
ph: 604-927-6089 fx: 604-933-6113
Edmonds Community Centre
Two Teams- Edmonds "A" and "B"
7433 Edmonds Street, Burnaby, V3N 1B1
ph: 604-297-4838 fx: 604-540-6983
Kennedy Seniors Centre
Two Teams - Kennedy "A" and "B"
11760-88th Ave. Delta, V4C 2G6
ph: 604-594-2717 fx: 604-599-8129
Langley Seniors Recreation Centre
One Team - Langley "B"
20605-51B Ave. Langley, V3A 9H1
ph: 604-530-3020 fx: 604-532-1320
Maple Ridge Seniors Centre
One Team - Maple Ridge "B"
12150 – 224th Street, Maple Ridge, V2X 3N8
ph: 604-467-4993 fx: 604-467-0848
Minoru Seniors Centre
Two Teams - Minoru "A" and "B"
7660 Minoru Gate, Richmond, V6Y 1Z2
ph: 604-718-8450 fx: 604-718-8462
Pitt Meadows Recreation Centre
Two Teams - Pitt Meadows "A" and "B"
19065 119B Avenue, Pitt Meadows, V3Y 0E6
ph: 604-465-2452 fx: